Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Improve your Style today!

                                                       LEARN FROM THE BEST

The fashion world is often passed-off as 'trivial', particularly during this time of year when fashion week is about to begin and takes-over our Instagram feeds; we will be bombarded with images from extravagant runway shows and street style laden with (very pretty) statement for mostly our local designers.
Sometimes, it even makes me stop and question whether I should be devoting my time to something more 'meaningful', but you know what I've come to realise? Fashion is very meaningful. It brings a lot of meaning to my life, and always has - and I'm sure I'm not alone here.

I'm not talking about tangible items, because these things come and go. I'm talking about style as a whole; practising appreciation for beautiful things, celebrating creativity and acknowledging the art of creating desire. These are all things that should be celebrated.
So for this post I'm sharing a few things I've noticed all of my favourite fashion women have in common (and they don't cost a thing).




PRACTICE APPRECIATION

... for beautiful things. Every day. Everywhere. It's not about having more, but consciously surrounding yourself with things you love that lift you up and make you feel good. Special purchases shouldn't leave you feeling guilty, materialistic or over-indulgent. There is nothing wrong with giving yourself the gift of beauty when you've earned it. 


LEARN TO BALANCE

... high and low, old and new. My favourite style is always a combination of the two, so cherish the things you love and don't let them go in and out with 'trends'. 



HAVE CONFIDENCE

... in yourself, in your style choices, in the way you look in what you're wearing. You can wear the most boring outfit, but if you exude confidence, you'll always be appealing. 

COMFORT IS KEY

Always. Life's too short to feel awkward. 

INTROSPECTION IS IMPORTANT

Who are you? Who do you want to be? What do you want to share with the world about yourself? Think about these questions - the answers should always inform your style choices. 

REPEAT OFFENDER

Wear the same thing twice. Wear it 10 times if you feel good in it. When you find something that works - stick to it (for me, that involves a pretty 3/4 summer dress, heels, and accessories that goes with it). 

I love when people develop a signature and run with it. Let go of the pressure to always have something 'new', and revisit the things you once loved that are very 'you'.






No comments:

Post a Comment